An introduction to the academic discussion of video games, designed to make game studies accessible to all ages.
Welcome! This live discussion course is available now on Outschool. Please sign up, like, share, and comment.
Here is where you’ll find more resources and recommended readings:
- Patrick Holleman’s History and Evolution of Video Game Design on youtube
- “Game studies” on wikipedia
- “Hamlet on the Holodeck, Twenty Years Later,” by Matt Margini
- How the inventor of Mario designs a game – Vox on youtube
- Super Mario Bros. 3 by Alyse Knorr – Boss Fight Books
- Shigeru Miyamoto, by Jennifer deWinter
- The Myth & Materia essay series on The Well Red Mage, by yours truly
- The Lifestream and Fandom wiki
- Resonant Arc and Patrick Holleman on FFVII (youtube)
- Legends of Localization FFVI translation comparison